This page is intended to provide links to current YSE research, curricula, program outlines, and case studies.
ADVANCING THE FIELD OF YOUTH SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- White Paper: Advancing the Field of Youth Social Entrepreneurship by Dr. Tina Kruse Winter 2015
- Wunderkammer: Community Career Exploratoriums
- Wunderkammer Impact Video
- Changemakers: Teens Who Learn and Earn – Please follow this link to view video.
- Invested – Please follow this link to view video.
- The End of the Social Entrepreneur Forbes by Jake Hayman
- The Olympic potential of social enterprise, Social Enterprise Alliance
- Business collaborations in a post-competitive world, B Magazine
- Unleashing creativity with mass collaboration, B Magazine
- WIOA Form Package Installation Process v. 2.2 Tool – Salesforce app developed to capture YSE data. The Workforce Incentive Act of 1998, Reauthorized in 2014, created a Work Readiness Tool that has been field tested. The tool includes a four point scale to assess each of ten foundation skills. Skills include Attendance, Punctuality, Workplace Appearance, Initiative, Quality, Communication Skills, Responsiveness, Teamwork, Critical-Thinking and Workplace Culture. This software app created by Redpath Consulting allows Nonprofits using Salesforce to track individual student scores on the WIOA worksheets.
- ***Please note: this is a managed app, it is not a “plug and play” program. The installation requires pre and post adjustments. The videos below offer some guidance, however, other installation options are available. Please contact Sundance with any questions.
- Salesforce Free for Nonprofits: Nonprofits can download 10 Free license from Salesforce by following this process.
- Nonprofit Success Pack Upgrade Guide – This guide from Salesforce.com may assist in troubleshooting common concerns that arise from the installation and use of the FREE nonprofit version of Salesforce.
- Sundance Work Readiness (WIOA) Managed Package – These videos are designed to assist with all aspects of the Sundance WIOA app. Additionally, they will help create a better understanding of both the app, and Salesforce in general.
- Video #1: Installation, Training and Upgrades
Video #2: Managing Student Contact Records
Video #3: Managing Work Programs an Participation
Video #4: Managing WIOA Forms
Video #5: Managing Youth Retrospective Surveys
Video #6: Using Custom Foundation Skills
Video #7: Exporting Reports for Wilder
Collected YSE Concerns
Bridges and Pipelines Material
This material is gathered to illustrate and assist the need to close the employment gap, in Minnesota and the nation.
Eastside Employment Exchange Map – Developed by Robby Seltzer of Lukeworks Inc, this map also demonstrates the lack of connection between supportive programs in East St. Paul, and employers. We are hoping to use this map to create better pipelines to entry level jobs in EastSide St. Paul, and the Central Corridor.
- Entrepreneurial Roadmap: This Toolkit for the National Content Standards for Entrepreneurship Education is designed to give you standards and Performance Indicators framework necessary for developing curriculum for entrepreneurship programs as a lifelong learning process.
- Entrepreneurs are not born video: Great suggestions for ways to make entrepreneurship programs interesting and memorable through active participation in the learning process.
MINDFULNESS AND SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
- http://www.roomtobreathefilm.com An award winning documentary on the power of mindfulness taught to kids in poverty.
- http://www.mindfulschools.org/about-mindfulness/research/#research Social Emotional Mindfulness Learning is not a luxury
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL VOLUNTEERS
- Teaching the Ethical Foundations of Economics This publication contains 10 lessons that teach about the important role ethics and character play in a market economy and how, in turn, markets influence ethical behavior. Grade 9-12
- Economics & EntrepreneurshipLooking to make this year even more fun and engaging? Start a classroom business with this revised and updated “how to” guide. Grade: K-2, 3-5, 6-8
- Learning, Earning and Investing This publication introduces high school and middle school students to the critical role investing plays in our free market system. Grade: 6-8, 9-12
- Risky Business Use this DVD program to show students how to live healthy, wealthy and risk-free. Grade: 9-12
- Entrepreneurship Economics Contains 11 lessons featuring student-centered instructional methods on economic activity and how entrepreneurs benefit society. Grade: 9-12
- Virtual Economics 4.5 Contains over 1,400 activity-based lessons and more than 50 videos that explain the key economics and personal finance concepts. Grade: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
- With 4-H’s entrepreneurship activity guide, middle school and high school students: learn business types, products & pricing, marketing, partnerships, agreements & contracts; go through the process of creating a business plan & starting a business; do market surveys, budget forecasts, exit strategies, ethics & more.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: OWNING YOUR FUTURE (PDF) The 11th edition of NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship)’s entrepreneurship textbook provides a student-friendly, comprehensive guide to developing a business plan. The NFTE store offers resources for administrators, teachers, alumni, policymakers, and entrepreneurs.
- GoVenture’s award-winning series of business and money management games and simulations.
- JA BE ENTREPRENEURIAL: Junior Achievement’s web-based entrepreneurial curriculum program, focuses on challenging high school students, through interactive classroom activities, to start their own entrepreneurial venture while still in high school.
- Through teacher education, innovative curricula, and outreach, the Jacobson Institute fosters the entrepreneurial mindset and prepares students for success in the worlds of business and entrepreneurship. The website offers several curriculum resources for teaching entrepreneurship.
- A comprehensive youth entrepreneurship curriculum published by the Education, Training, and Enterprise Center (EDTEC).
- NFIB YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR FOUNDATION’S ENTREPRENEUR-IN-THE-CLASSROOM (EITC) This supplemental curriculum exposes students to entrepreneurship and the necessary steps to take an idea and turn it into a business. The free curriculum can be integrated into classes teaching a variety of subjects including music, art, fashion, business and many more.
- PACE (PROGRAM FOR ACQUIRING COMPETENCE IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP) This competency-based curriculum is designed for student use in the classroom, created by the Center on Education and Training for Employment at Ohio State University. There are 22 topic-based modules to suit individual program needs.
- SCORE: Found in 389 locations across the country, SCORE provides key services both face-to-face and online through free business counseling provided by experienced business men and women v olunteers. The SCORE small business Web site (www.SCORE.org) makes business counseling and information on the latest trends available around the clock. Ask SCORE provides access 24/7 to more than 1,400 SCORE counselors who will answer your questions. Enter a question or key words at Ask SCORE to find a match.
- Women’s Business Centers: With over 100 locations, WBCs promote the growth of women-owned businesses through programs that address business training and technical assistance, and provide access to credit and capital, federal contracts, and international trade opportunities. WBCs can assist with getting businesses off the ground, market research, and locating resources, manufacturers and lenders.
- SBA and JA Worldwide (Junior Achievement): are working together to encourage youth entrepreneurship. SBA’s programs and services are targeted specifically to small businesses. JA is the world’s largest organization educating young people about business, economics and free enterprise. Working together, SBA and JA can maximize support for the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Designed for students age 9-12, a collection of curricula for teaching entrepreneurship, business, and personal finance.